When you are purchasing a new home, you are very likely concentrating on the plan, the inclusions and the price.
Once you have decided on all this, and you pay a deposit payment, what happens next?
The building processes used internally to deliver your new home may seem somewhat unimportant to you, and rightly so. You should just expect for everything to go smoothly and seamlessly.
But this is rarely the case. How many times have you heard of the frustration of poor communication, not knowing what’s going on, trades not being on site and the job being delayed?
The systems and internal operations of your chosen builder become very important to you AFTER you have purchased… and you often don’t realize it until it is far too late.
Building a new home involves complex and involved processes, requiring many trades, services and tremendous co-ordination and communication.
A good builder must have:
- A software management system to accurately manage your new home project.
- An experienced project manager dedicated to your home. This is the person who co-ordinates the drafting, quantity estimating, council applications, design board guidelines, surveyors, engineers, water board, variations, colour selections and all matters pre-construction.
- A dedicated Supervisor and Quality Controller to co-ordinate the trades, manage all areas of construction, quality and to supervise the work. This is so important, as Quality Assurance standards require the work of every trade to be inspected against a stringent quality standard and signed off prior to payment.
- A dedicated maintenance warranty manager. After construction and hand over, a warranty period begins. A qualified co-ordinator is required to care for any needs you may have for the next 6 years.
- A structured customer communications system. It is so important that you know what’s going on. Building a new home is a large and exciting undertaking… and you need to know how things are progressing.
How do Bellriver manage the construction of a new home?
Bellriver recently received one of the highest accolades possible in this area. We were commended by industry analysts for having systems and processes in place that are market leading, sustainable and sophisticated. Comment was that “they were at the highest level we have ever seen in the industry”.
We were also commended as being well under industry average for both pre-construction time and construction time, delivering homes of superior quality to our clients approx. 6 weeks earlier than industry averages.
This is testament to the great systems and human resources we have invested in the construction and delivery area of our business. Bellriver are proud of being true leaders in this area, and it is not calculated by subjective measures, but by a number of metrics as established by State Government agencies.